The FDIC's "Quarterly Banking Profile" http://www2.fdic.gov/qbp/2009sep/qbp.pdf, but those folks that "guarantee" your deposits in the banks are bankrupt. They didn't say it in so many words (and you have to slog through to page 13 of 26), but the "insurance fund" now stands at "a negative $8.2 billion (unaudited)."
Don't worry, though. "The United States" will make sure your "protected", by coming up with more & more taxes (to be paid by you). You'll just pay more, so you can (eventually) get back what the banks lose.
The old saw is wrong.
- ► 2012 (28)
- ► 2010 (84)
- Global Warming: Faking Gold Bars
- Crime DOES Pay When the Government Runs It
- What Makes You Think It Couldn't Happen Here? It IS!
- New York Post story from Gene
- FW: The Hidden Costs of Too Much Government Debt
- Are We having Fun, YET?!?!?
- And YOU Think "They" Aren't Wiretapping YOU?
- Police tase and arrest hero for stuttering
- The Lawless State by Karl Hess
- ▼ November (9)