Ellen Brown's article, "Taking Back the Money Power: How Hidden Pools of Government Money Could Help Save the Economy" http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=19279, is well worth a read. I became aware of Comprehensive Annual Financial Reports (CAFRs) about a decade ago, when Walt Burien gave a presentation at the Arizona Breakfast Club. Walt's depth of knowledge led me to start looking for - and at - the Comprehensive Annual Financial Reports for the UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT (a redundant phrase, since "THE UNITED STATES" is nothing but government - as opposed to "these United States"...). Notably, in the latest financial report, the UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT claims to have nearly the same "11 billion" in gold that it claimed in 1999, the first year I looked.
For example, on page 72 of the '99 report:
"“Gold” is valued at the statutory
price of $42.2222 per fine troy
ounce. As of Sep tem ber 30, 1999,
the num ber of fine troy ounces was
261,571,005. The mar ket value of
gold on the Lon don Fixing as of the
re port ing date was $299.00 per fine
troy ounce. Gold was pledged as
col lat eral for gold cer tif i cates is sued
to the FRBs to tal ing $11.0 bil lion.
See Note 14—Other Li a bil i ties."
While on page 63 of the '09 report:
"Gold is valued at the statutory price of $42.2222 per fine troy ounce. The number of fine troy ounces was
261,498,900 as of September 30, 2009, and 2008. The market value of gold on the London Fixing was $996 and
$885 per fine troy ounce as of September 30, 2009, and 2008, respectively. Gold totaling $11.1 billion and $11.0
billion as of September 30, 2009, and 2008, respectively, was pledged as collateral for gold certificates issued and
authorized to the FRBs by the Secretary of the Treasury and is included in Note 19—Other Liabilities."
Read them for yourself: http://www.gao.gov/financial/fy99cfs.pdf; http://www.fms.treas.gov/fr/09frusg/09frusg.pdf.
Notice that Goldfinger's Treasury Department apparently doesn't let the "Government Accountability (*ROFL*) Office" have them any more...
- ► 2012 (28)
- Ellen Brown's Taking Back the Money Power
- Department of Goldfinger...
- Graphic and Distrubing Images
- Screwing Goldfinger
- And If you Think This Was A "Mistake", I Have This...
- HHAHAHAHA! Greece "Considering" Suing Goldfinger!...
- ‘Mummy’ Merkel battered as Germans lose faith in E...
- If You Only Knew (...or even wanted to)
- Goldfinger the Proctologist
- Goldman Sachs' Operatives
- Rape and Pillage Not Isolated to Goldman
- Gene wants you to check out a video on Eyeblast.tv...
- Kagan's Goldman Ties
- Ultra-rich Megalomaniacs Bent On Ruling The World
- (cue music) "That's Entertainment!"
- A Note on the Sovereign Debt Crisis: Abandon Ship!...
- Freddie Mac asks for fresh 10.6 billion dollar bai...
- The World Should Now Be Considered in Revolution
- I'm Sure It's Just Coincidence...
- The Subprime Conspiracy: Was there a plan to blo...
- On Auditing the Fed: The Doddering Senate by Gary ...
- Opinion: Putting the Security Back in Social Secur...
- ▼ May (22)